The “$1,000 per month thanks to the RONA Inc. Customer Satisfaction Survey, the RONA Inc. Installation Service Survey or the Appliance purchase experience Survey” Contest (the “Contest”)
Official Contest Rules
Contest is open only to Canadian résidents
(Refer to rule 3 below)
1. Contest sponsor: RONA Inc. (“RONA”), doing business at 220 Chemin du Tremblay, Boucherville, QC, J4B 8H7, is the contest sponsor (“Contest sponsor”).
2. Participating merchants: RONA and Réno-Dépôt stores.
3. Eligibility: The Contest is open only to Canadian residents who have reached the age of majority in their particular province or territory at the time the entry form is submitted, except for employees, agents and representatives of the sponsor, its subsidiaries, affiliated divisions, other sponsors, advertising, promotional, Contest managers and judges, as well as others living at the same address.
4. Agreement to Official Contest Rules: By participating in the Contest, you fully and unconditionally accept and agree to be bound by the Official Contest Rules and the decisions of the Contest Sponsor, administrators and judges, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest.
5. Contest Period: The Contest begins at 12:00:01 a.m. on January 1st, 2017 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. on December 31, 2017 (the “Contest Period”). All times indicated are Eastern Daylight Time (EDT).
6. How to enter: There are three (3) ways to enter this contest (described below).
(i) Entry with purchase – by completing (A) a survey accessible on the website whose address is located at the bottom of the receipt obtained in any participating RONA or Réno-Dépôt or (B) by completing a survey accessible at the website address sent to those who provided their email address when they used RONA or Réno-Dépôt’s installation services. To be eligible for the contest, all mandatory fields must be completed. Any person who completes the survey following a purchase in a participating RONA or Réno-Dépôt store or after having used the RONA or Réno-Dépôt installation services will be eligible to the draw of the current month only.
(ii) No Purchase Necessary Method: To enter the Contest without a purchase, handwrite on a plain piece of paper your first and last name, complete address, phone number(s), email address and an original essay of at least 100 words describing your first shopping/customer service experience in one of our participating RONA or Réno-Dépôt store. Mail it to the following address: The “$1,000 per month thanks to the RONA Inc. Customer Satisfaction Survey or the RONA Inc. Installation Service Survey” Contest, Attention: Marketing Service, RONA, 220 Chemin du Tremblay, Boucherville, QC, J4B 8H7. No mechanical reproductions allowed. Each mailed entry must be in a separate postage-paid envelope. Any mailed entry that does not meet the criteria described herein, is open, mutilated, altered, copied, lost, not received or, in any way, illegible will be void. Each mailed entry counts as one (1) entry into the Contest for the date indicated by the postmark during the Contest Period and will be eligible to the draw of the current month only (date as per postmark). Receipt of mail-in entries will not be acknowledged.
(iii) Entry Limit: Limit of eight (8) entries per postal code, phone number and email address, per participant, family, group or organisation, per month for the Contest Period. Additional entries will be disqualified. A person cannot use more than one email address to enter the Contest.
(iv) Email: You must have access to an email account in order to enter the Contest. *Several public libraries, retail businesses and other establishments supply free access to computers, and several Internet service suppliers or other corporations provide free email accounts.
7. Prizes: There are twelve (12) prizes of $1,000 in RONA or Réno-Dépôt gift cards, accepted in all participating RONA or Réno-Dépôt stores. The total value of all 12 prizes awarded in this Contest is $12,000.
Limit of one (1) prize per winner for the entire Contest Period.
The prize may not be transferred or redeemed for cash or credit. It must be accepted as awarded, no additions or substitutions allowed, except as determined by the Contest Sponsor, at its sole discretion. Except as expressly stated herein, confirmed winners are responsible for all applicable taxes, fees and surcharges, if any, with respect to his/her prize and/or the use thereof.
8. Draws: A random draw will be held on the first business day of the months of February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December 2017, and January 2018 in order to determine one (1) winner of $1,000 in RONA or Réno-Dépôt gift cards, at RONA Inc. head office located at 220 Chemin du Tremblay, Boucherville, QC under the supervision of the Contest Sponsor, from among all eligible entries received during the Contest Period, by independent judges whose decision will be final and binding. Therefore, a draw from all the admissible entries received (i) between 12:01 a.m. (EDT) January 1, 2017 and 11:59 p.m. (EDT) January 31, 2017 will take place February 1, 2017, (ii) between 12:01 a.m. (EDT) February 1, 2017 and 11:59 p.m. (EDT) February 28, 2017 will take place March 1, 2017, (iii) between 12:01 a.m. (EDT) March 1, 2017 and 11:59 p.m. (EDT) March 31, 2017 will take place April 1, 2017, (iv) between 12:01 a.m. (EDT) April 1, 2017 and 11:59 p.m. (EDT) April 30, 2017 will take place May 2, 2017, (v) between 12:01 a.m. (EDT) May 1, 2017 and 11:59 p.m. (EDT) May 31, 2017 will take place June 1, 2017, (vi) between 12:01 a.m. (EDT) June 1, 2017 and 11:59 p.m. (EDT) June 30, 2017 will take place July 4, 2017, (vii) between 12:01 a.m. (EDT) July 1, 2017 and 11:59 p.m. (EDT) July 31, 2017 will take place August 1, 2017, (viii) between 12:01 a.m. (EDT) August 1, 2017 and 11:59 p.m. (EDT) August 31, 2017 will take place September 1, 2017, (ix) between 12:01 a.m. (EDT) September 1, 2017 and 11:59 p.m. (EDT) September 30, 2017 will take place October 3, 2017, (x) between 12:01 a.m. (EDT) October 1, 2017 and 11:59 p.m. (EDT) October 31, 2017 will take place November 1, 2017, (xi) between 12:01 a.m. (EDT) November 1, 2017 and 11:59 p.m. (EDT) November 30, 2017 will take place December 1, 2017, and (xii) between 12:01 a.m. (EDT) December 1, 2017 and 11:59 p.m. (EDT) December 31, 2017 will take place January 3, 2018, respectively.
9. Prize attribution: To be declared a confirmed winner, the selected entrant must:
(i) be reached by phone or email, at the sole discretion of the Sponsor, within ten (10) working days after the draw. In the event that a selected entrant is reached by email, he/she will need to respond by complying with the provided instructions, when appropriate. Any prize notification email followed by a mention to the effect that the message could not be delivered will lead to the disqualification of the entrant and the selection of a new entrant. If a selected entrant cannot be contacted within the prescribed deadline, he/she automatically forfeits his/her prize and a new entrant can be selected;
(ii) correctly answer, unaided and within a fixed time period, a mathematical skill – testing question posed by telephone at a mutually convenient time, and must otherwise comply with the Official Contest Rules;
(iii) sign and return to the Contest Sponsor within ten (10) business days of receiving it a Prize Acknowledgement and Release form, which includes a standard declaration of compliance with the Official Contest Rules and a release form. Failure to sign and return the Prize Acknowledgement form within ten (10) business days of receiving it will result in the forfeiture of the prize and the selection of another entrant; and
(iv) upon request, in a timely manner, provide an ID card with a picture.
Failure to meet one or more of these criteria herein or rejection of the prize will lead to automatic disqualification, and another draw will take place until a new entrant is selected and declared a winner.
As soon as possible following the receipt of the duly completed and signed declaration form, the Contest Sponsor will contact the winner to inform him/her of the procedures for taking possession of the prize. The prize will either be sent by courier or be made ready for pick-up at the closest RONA or Réno-Dépôt store, where appropriate, at the Sponsor’s discretion. The confirmed winner must claim his/her prize within 3 weeks after being contacted. No compensation will be paid to the confirmed winner should he/she fail to recover his/her prize within the aforementioned period or refuse to accept the prize according to the terms herein.
10. Chances to win: The odds of winning a prize will depend on the total number of eligible entries received and allocated for each draw during the Contest Period.
The Contest Sponsor reserves the right to use any confirmed winner's name, city/province or territory of residence, likeness and/or photograph, voice and statements, regardless of the entry method and without further compensation, in connection with any advertising and publicity carried out by or on behalf of the Contest Sponsor in relation to the Contest, in any media throughout the world in perpetuity.
By entering the Contest, each entrant (with or without purchase) agrees and acknowledges that the Contest Sponsor and participating stores in the Contest, and each of its affiliates, divisions, subsidiaries and advertising and promotion or other representatives or agencies, and each of their respective employees, officers, shareholders, representatives, directors and agents (collectively “Releases”) are not responsible for and shall not be liable for: (1) late, lost, stolen, delayed, misdirected, mutilated, incomplete, unreadable, inaccurate, postage due, garbled or unintelligible transmissions, swipes or entries; (2) any notification, entry, swipe or document that is lost or not received by an entrant or Contest Sponsor; (3) any injury, including death or other damage to person or property of any kind or any other liability, which may be caused, directly or indirectly, by the Contest or any Contest Prize; or (4) incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information; purchase information, swipe information or technical malfunctions; human or technical error or negligence; or printing errors. All entries become the property of Contest Sponsor and will not be returned. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt. Any entry that does not comply with these Official Contest Rules or received after the end of the Contest Period is void. All entries and prize claims are subject to verification by Contest Sponsor and will be void if obtained other than in compliance with these Official Contest Rules.
The Contest Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds or suspects to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Contest Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Contest Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Contest Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Contest Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
For Québec residents, any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of an advertising contest in Québec may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux (the "Régie") for a ruling. For Québec residents, any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
Subject to the jurisdiction in Québec of the Régie, the Contest Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to substitute a prize with one of equal or greater value, to cancel, terminate, amend or suspend the Contest and to amend the Contest without prior notice at any time and for any reason.
The Contest is subject to all applicable laws.
On demand, the name of the winner will be available and can be obtained by sending a written request in a self-addressed, postage-paid envelope to: RONA Inc., 220 Chemin du Tremblay, Boucherville, Quebec, J4B 8H7 for a 2-week period following the draw in question. The name of the winner will be mailed only when the winner has been confirmed by the Contest Sponsor.